Hi, I am Kaitlin, a curator, designer and illustrator in Hong Kong. I work on exhibitions, texts, and images. My work has appeared in daikon* zine and The Asian American Writer’s Workshop’s Transpacific Literary Portfolio. I have designed collateral for Asia Art Archive in America, Asia Society Hong Kong Center, and The Vera List Center for Art and Politics. I contribute regular illustrations to Art Agency, Partners / Sotheby’s In Other Words newsletter, and have also created a promotional illustration for Alexander Chee's forthcoming book of personal essays. I write about art at Still/Loud. Please be in touch if you'd like to make something together.
roses in a beer can, recent writing and photographs by Karen Cheung (book design)
Mother is a Woman, exhibition by Jes Fan at Empty Gallery (artist's assistant)
- Deep End (artist and writer)
A comic inaugurating Asian American Writer's Workshop's Transpacific Literary Portfolio on the theme of Fantasies. Thanks to Yasmin for her help.
- daikon* issue 4: food (zine / contributing artist and cover designer)
A London-based zine run by South-East and East Asian womxn and non-binary folks, their latest issue (#4, winter) is all about food.
- LOVE Long: Robert Indiana and Asia (exhibition / assistant curator)
Organizer: Asia Society Hong Kong Center Chief Curator: Miwako Tezuka
On view February 7 through July 15, 2018. The exhibition catalogue, featuring my catalogue essay and designed by Studio TIO, is now available.
- Print Gone Wild (exhibition / participating artist)
Participated in an exhibition of prints organized and hosted by MakerHive, with thanks to Jacqueline Ho.
- Vernacular Ltd. (eco-architecture start up / graphic design)
Designed a pitch deck for Vernacular Ltd.
- Finding myself in the photographs of Ka-Man Tse (article / writer)
- An Evening of Song (concert / program design)
- Asia Art Archive in America (graphic design)
Designed stationery, donation cards and a GIF for AAAiA.
- Resistance (play / graphic design)
A play by May Treuhaft-Ali, directed by Maia Nelles-Sager, produced by Semicolon Theatre Company.
- Headlock (short film / graphic design)
Directed by Jacob Sussman
- Queer Asian Film Series at Wesleyan University (film series / curator)
- Pedestrian (exhibition / artist)
- Good Chinese Girl (book / writer and designer)
Published by Stethoscope Press, edited by Sophie Chabon.
- short/cut (film / production design)
Directed by Ostin Fam
- Wong Kar Wai Posters (personal project / graphic design and illustration)
Created a suite of 8 posters for my favourite director. They are available for purchase here.
- Mansfield Freeman Center for East Asian Studies (graphic design)
Designed over fifty posters for Wesleyan University's College of East Asian Studies. A selection of them can be found here.
- Analog, a photo journal featuring Ostin Fam, Noah Mertz, Zander Porter and myself.
- Jessup Prize (2017)
Awarded by Wesleyan University Studio Art department for greatest promise in design
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Fall 2016 Inductee
- Bernard J. Zawisa ‘49 Endowed Studio Art Award (2016)
- Lily Wong Drawing Prize (2012)
Films and Books
What I'm reading
All content on this website is © Kaitlin Chan 2018. The use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission from the artist is obtained. All opinions are the artist's and do not reflect the views of her employer.